Thursday, March 31, 2011

Indiana Genealogical Society - County Genealogist

Appointment to County Genealogist
by the Indiana Genealogical Society

I am excited to announce that I have been appointed the Indiana Genealogical Society’s County Genealogist for Brown County, Indiana.  It is one of those bittersweet events in my life, that I wish I could share with my mother, and grandmother’s who were so nurturing in sharing with me their passion for our family’s history. 

So what does a ‘County Genealogist’ do?  Well, primarily I am the local liaison between the local genealogical and historical society’s and the Indiana Genealogical Society.  In addition to fielding research requests for family l information, I work to promote genealogical interests in Brown County, and seek to preserve and protect Brown County and Indiana family history records.

I am generally available on Tuesday’s at the Brown County Public Library, if you need research assistance.  Or if you have a question about your family genealogy, email me the details, and I will see what I can find.   dlynbid@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment