MOTIVATION MONDAY – Organizing my Projects
I have so many ideas and things swimming around in my head after the IGS Conference this weekend that I have decided to make a list to keep me motivated and on track. The idea is to generate a monthly list of goals to make myself more accountable in the area of COMPLETING the actual projects. I admit I am a bit of a perfectionist procrastinator, meaning I will keep putting things off until I can do them EXACTLY the way I want the first time. I also have a bad habit of chasing ‘rabbit trails’ and getting side tracked away from my original goal.
Since it is only a few short weeks until May, I have decided to just start listing my various projects, then in the first week of May, I will start sorting the projects into a timeline, with dates and goals.
1. “Helmsburg Church History 100 Year Anniversary 1915-2015: Publication,
2. Early History of Jackson Township, Brown County, Indiana (before 1850): Publication
3. Powerpoint Presentation for August Society Meeting: “”The Day John Dillinger Came to Bean Blossom”, ok, well, not really – but James Jake Jenkins did, and he shot my grandfather, Herb McDonald.’
4. ‘Once a Hoosier’, and “Always a Hoosier’ submission for IGS Quarterly.
5. Lineage papers for “Territorial Guard’, Society of Civil War Families, DAR,
6. Revise society by-laws and standing rules to reflect Roberts Rules 9th edition
7. Update society standing rules to reflect 21st century technology J
8. Tales & Trails: Publication - edit new edition for 175th County Anniversary.
9. Transfer genealogy correspondence output from computer to archives surname files.
10. Research ISG Grants (deadline 12/2011)
11. Research article proposal for IGS Newsletters, and Quarterly
12. Create FamilySearch wiki for society.
As crazy as it sounds, this is just the tip of the iceberg!