Sunday, August 18, 2013


NATIONAL GENEALOGY CONFERENCE in INDIANA

So this week (Tuesday-Sunday) I am headed to Fort Wayne, Indiana for the Federation of Genealogical Societies National Conference. FGS Conference I rarely take this much time off, but the prospect of going to a National Conference just four hours from home was too great to pass up!  Today, I am planning my conference schedule, and looking at seminar descriptions.  I am looking forward to learning more about how to incorporate social media into the many roles I play as a local family history volunteer.

Then there is DNA!  DNA testing for Genealogy, Using DNA to Trace Lines of Descent, AncestryDNA: Making the Connection. DNA is a new tool in the Genealogy Community, and I will admit that it can be very overwhelming to process all the information that is circulating about it.

Then, there are the Scanning and Digital Imaging Workshops, Organizing your Digital Images, and using Cloud-Based Tools to make your Family History Writing EASIER! (Yeah, well...maybe!)

All of this is taking place just across the street from the Second Largest Genealogy Library in the USA - the Allen County Public Library.  

Stay tuned to "Reports from the Conference"...

No comments:

Post a Comment